Frequently Asked Questions - How to Use the Online CBC Data Entry System
- Do you have any instructional videos on how to do data entry?
- Where can compilers find instructions on how to enter CBC data online?
- Do we still have to gather participant contact information?
- How do we change the compiler of a circle or add a compiler to a circle?
- When is the deadline for data entry of CBC data?
We have prepared some instructional videos to help you with data entry:
Login to data entry portal knowing your user name and password:
Login to data entry portal knowing your user name but forgot your password:
Login to data entry portal having forgotten your user name:
Post a Count Date:
Working on Bird Checklist Data Entry
Managing your Participant's List
Printable instructions on how to work with the CBC data entry system and complete your data entry are available above. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) installed on your computer to be able to view and print these instructions.
It is still important to keep the names on your participant list accurate for each season, as well as the numbers in the effort section of the online database. In this way we can make sure that folks' names are properly acknowledged for all the counts on which they participate each season.
While we will no longer be doing a physical mailing of American Birds to participants, it's becoming increasingly important that we have participants' email addresses as well as their names included in the database each season. This is because we hope to be able to be directly in touch with CBC participants as features and updates are released on the Christmas Bird Count website, or for important announcements about the CBC. Having the emails for participants will streamline things for Audubon Science as well as for compilers, and will enable us to be in touch with participants in a more timely manner. You should also now include this same information for all of your feeder watchers. Their information had not been required prior to the 113th CBC.
If you wish to change/add a compiler of a circle please contact the CBC administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to know the following items to set you up in the system:
Circle to which you need access (name and 4-digit code)
The Data Entry Deadline is: February 28, 2014
The Regional Editing process is: February 1 to April 30, 2014
Find us on Facebook
- Watching and Identifying Birds
- Birds Causing a Problem
- Feeding and Attracting Birds
- Injured, Orphaned or Sick Birds
- Threats to Birds
- Contact Us
- How to Conduct a Christmas Bird Count
- How to Use the Online CBC Data Entry System
- Questions About CBC Circles, or Proposing a New CBC Circle